We’re pleased to launch our first CPD accredited Care Home e-learning course which supports care home staff involved in any aspect of medicines use.
The course is broken down into nine modules that can be listened to at a pace and time that suits the individual. The modules can be undertaken in any order and are each followed by a short quiz to test understanding.
There are 3 case studies that support the learning and a final assessment quiz.
To receive the CPD accredited certificate participants need to complete all modules of the course and the final quiz.
The course covers:
- The role of CQC and the NICE Guideline and Quality Standards
- The management of medicines in care homes
- Management of self-medicating residents
- Administration of inhalers
- Administration of eye drops
- Administration of transdermal patches
- Administration of topical creams
- Administration of 'when required' medicines
The e-learning package is free to access by subscriber medicines management teams only using a special promo code. If you are a member of a medicines management team, please contact your subscriber lead for details.
If you have already commissioned the course for use by healthcare professionals in your commissioning area you will automatically have access to the course.
If you haven’t commissioned this course for implementation but would like to, you have two options:
- Commissioning for your area = £375 plus VAT
- Or directly via PayPal by individual users for £14.99 each.
Note: The cost is a one off and covers the life of the course; not an annual fee.
Flyers for subscribers who have commissioned the course, and for those who haven't but would like to advertise on a pay per use bases are available via the E-learning hub here.
You can access the course after you have logged in from the link under the top 'Learn' menu, or from the link below:
This element is only available to subscribers - if you're a subscriber then please LOGIN
or register to view.
This element is only available to registered NHS users - if you're NHS then please LOGIN
or register to view.